This award will recognize math educators at four different levels of education: Primary Master of Mathematics: Kindergarten – Grade 2 Intermediate Master of Mathematics: Grades 3-5 Middle School/Junior High School Master of Mathematics High School Master of Mathematics To be nominated for this award a candidate must:
- Be a teacher in a public/private school (at any level, K-12) who teaches mathematics.
- Have completed at least seven years of full-time teaching.
- Be nominated by a supervisor, an administrator, or a colleague.
- Exhibit contagious enthusiasm for students’ learning of mathematics.
- Demonstrate initiatives in developing innovative strategies in his/her teaching.
The individual nominating a candidate for this award must submit in writing to the Awards Committee, a summary of the candidate’s contributions. The Awards Committee will submit to the Executive Board the name of the educator who is recommended to receive the award.