Welcome to Pennsylvania Council of Teachers of Mathematics! PCTM is a nonprofit organization that strives to unite Pennsylvania mathematics educators and share classroom resources. PCTM Mission:
- To encourage an active interest in mathematics and mathematics education.
- To provide a wide range of opportunities for the exchange of views about current problems, issues, teaching strategies, teaching techniques, and educational activities relevant to mathematics education.
- To encourage and assist national, state, and local mathematics organizations to promote mathematics education at all levels.
- To encourage educators of mathematics to develop into social support groups to share ideas and dialogs about mathematics specifically and education in general.
- To provide resources to aid in the professional development of mathematics educators and to assist them in making connections to students.
- To serve as a voice of mathematics education professionals in Pennsylvania to influence the governing authorities to promote quality mathematics education for all students.