Frequently Asked Questions:
- What does my registration include?
- Program book
- Admittance to all sessions and the Exhibit Hall on August 7-8
- Coffee/Tea/Pastries for both mornings, Wednesday buffet lunch, & Thursday mid-morning brunch (menu)
- Complementary one-year PCTM membership
- Does my registration include access to the Desmos Pre-Conference on August 6th?
- No, however you can purchase a ticket to the Desmos Pre-Conference for a $10 add on when you register. Be sure to add this during registration if you are interested as there are limited seats for this event.
- Are ACT 48 credits available?
- YES!! If your school district provides a form and authorization for ACT 48 at our conference, bring your form to the conference. Otherwise, PCTM can process these credits for you with partnership through Capital Area Intermediate Unit (CAIU). Please stop by the registration table at the beginning of the conference to collect a session attendance form. This form can be completed by attending sessions and having the presenter authorize your attendance. There is a $5 processing fee. Checks or cash will be accepted (checks should be made out to CAIU).
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Conference attendees who need parking are recommended to use the Walnut Street parking garage connected to the Harrisburg Hilton at a subsidized daily rate of $5.00 (maximum 12 hours, paid @ front desk). Those staying at the Harrisburg Hilton can have theirr overnight parking in the Walnut Street garage validated at check-in.
- To access the entrance to the Walnut Street parking garage, take the side street (which is Market Street) to the immediate right as you face the Hilton on North Second Street, make a left at the first back alley which is 3rd Street. The entrance to the parking garage is near the end of the alley (3rd Street) but just prior to Walnut Street.
- Once parked, go to the elevator and go to the level marked with the Hilton logo. Exit elevator and walk to the end of the hallway, turning right. This will lead to the 2nd floor entrance of the Hilton Harrisburg. Parking should be paid/validated at the front desk.
- What are the overnight accommodations being offered?
- PCTM has a special discount rate of $141.00+taxes per night that you can take advantage of. Rooms can be booked for August 6th and/or 7th for this rate. Follow the directions below to make your reservations. As a hotel guest of the Hilton, you will receive complementary parking in the connecting Walnut Street parking garage. At check-in, present your garage parking ticket to the front desk and they will validate it for your complementary parking. Room reservations for the Hilton Harrisburg should be made no later than July 15th, 2019.
- Booking online: here
- Booking over the phone: Call (717)233-6000 and use the code MATH8
- Where do vendors register for the exhibit hall & advertising in the program book?
- Click here for additional details on the exhibit hall and advertising for the conference.
- How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- If you have any questions regarding the 2019 conference or registration, please contact the PCTM conference committee members below:
- 2019 Conference General Chair: Franci Dempsey, email@example.com
- 2019 Conference Co-Chair: Steve Fuguet, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PCTM Conference Planning Committee Chair: Marian Avery, email@example.com
- Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- While your printed ticket from Eventbrite will have all your registration information, you do not have to bring it with you. When you arrive to the Hilton Harrisburg, simply make your way to the registration table to get your booklet, name badge and other information.
- Can I update my registration information?
- Yes! Log in to your Eventbrite profile to make any changes. Click here for more information.
Welcome to Pennsylvania Council of Teachers of Mathematics! PCTM is a nonprofit organization that strives to unite Pennsylvania mathematics educators and share classroom resources. PCTM Mission:
- To encourage an active interest in mathematics and mathematics education.
- To provide a wide range of opportunities for the exchange of views about current problems, issues, teaching strategies, teaching techniques, and educational activities relevant to mathematics education.
- To encourage and assist national, state, and local mathematics organizations to promote mathematics education at all levels.
- To encourage educators of mathematics to develop into social support groups to share ideas and dialogs about mathematics specifically and education in general.
- To provide resources to aid in the professional development of mathematics educators and to assist them in making connections to students.
- To serve as a voice of mathematics education professionals in Pennsylvania to influence the governing authorities to promote quality mathematics education for all students.